Alahednews
english.alahednews.com.lb
Eid Al-Fitr 2017
Marawi Siege: Philippines Says No Deal with Militants Who Seized City US, «Israel» Collaborate to Combat Cyber Attacks UN: Colombia’s FARC Completes Disarmament Process US’ Tillerson to Meet Qatari Counterpart in Washington Trumpcare to Leave 22m Americans Uninsured Theresa May’s £1bn DUP Deal Met with Outrage Brazil’s Temer Charged with Corruption, Pressure Increases Battle for Mosul: Fighting to End in Days as Troops Advance in Old City Qatar Row: Bahrain Accuses Doha of Military Escalation North Korea Compares Trump to Hitler! #Israeli Spy Drones Fly over South #Lebanon Areas #Lavrov: #US Protects Terrorist from Bombings in #Syria #Lavrov: Violence Decreased after Tension Relief Areas in #Syria Formed #UK: 27 Tower Blocks in 15 Areas Fail Fire Cladding Tests At Least Three Killed in #Mosul Suicide Attacks #UN: #Yemen #Cholera Cases Could Pass 300,000 by September #Interfax: Possibility of #Daesh Leader Al-Baghdadi's Death could be 100% 20 Killed, 50 Injured in #Afghanistan Car Bomb #Iraqi Forces Advance on #Mosul Mosque Where #Daesh Claimed Caliphate #Saudi King Dismisses Bin Nayef as Crown Prince, Appoints Bin Salman Instead
Guestbook mailinglist.php arabic site french site spanish site facebook twitter rss page
News Categories » NEWS » Asia-Pacific » Asia-Pacific...

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size  Print Page
Iran to Attend This Year’s Hajj Pilgrimage
Local Editor

After an absence of last year, Iranian pilgrims will participate in this year's annual Hajj said Iran's Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization after Saudi Arabia agreed to make the necessary arrangements for the pilgrims to participate in the rituals.

Kaaba in Mecca

An agreement had been made between Iran and Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Hajj and Umra on the dispatch of more than 85,000 Iranian pilgrims to Hajj this year, the organization announced in a statement on Friday.

"The ministry of hajj and the Iranian organization have completed all the necessary measures to ensure Iranian pilgrims perform hajj 1438 according to procedures followed by all Muslim countries," the official Saud Press Agency said, referring to this year in the Islamic calendar.

The report said the arrangements were finalized after a meeting took place with an Iranian delegation on February 23.

Iran decided to stop sending pilgrims to Hajj over security concerns after two deadly incidents claimed the lives of more than 470 Iranian pilgrims during the 2015 Hajj rituals.

Days after the deadly human crush, which occurred in September 2015, Saudi Arabia published a death toll of 770 but refused to update it despite gradually surging fatality figures from individual countries whose nationals had been among the victims of the crush.

Iran said about 4,700 people, including over 465 of its nationals, lost their lives in the incident.

Earlier that month, a massive construction crane had collapsed into Mecca's Grand Mosque, killing more than 100 pilgrims, including 11 Iranians, and injuring over 200 others, among them 32 Iranian nationals.

Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team

18-03-2017 | 09:54


Name
E-Mail
Comment Title
Comment
Human Verification


News Coverage

Related News

Search
To Top