"Israel" launches new wave of Gaza attacks
‘Israel' begins a fresh wave of air strikes in the Gaza Strip after it killed 265 people and wounded 800 others on Saturday.
'Israeli' warplanes staged an air strike early Sunday in the southern Gaza Strip, targeting a fuel truck traveling outside Rafah near the Egyptian border, witnesses said.
The Sunday ‘Israeli' air attacks have so far left six Palestinians dead and several others wounded.
The latest deaths raise the Gaza death toll to 271.
An ‘Israeli' military spokesman in Tel Aviv told AFP that ‘Israeli' aircraft had staged several air strikes throughout the night, one of which was staged against a mosque in Rimal neighborhood in Gaza City.
According to ‘Israeli' public radio, the military carried out at least 20 overnight airstrikes across the impoverished region.
Hundreds of ‘Israeli' infantry and armored corps troops headed for the Gaza border early Sunday in preparation for a possible ground invasion, military officials said.
'Israeli' War Minister Ehud Barak told Sky News on Saturday that he would not rule out widening the offensive in the Gaza Strip to include a ground invasion.
Barak on Saturday added that ‘Israel' "cannot really accept" a cease-fire with Hamas, rejecting calls by the international community for a truce.