No Script

Please Wait...

Search for Nine Missing in Beirut Blast Ongoing: Lebanese Army

Search for Nine Missing in Beirut Blast Ongoing: Lebanese Army
folder_openLebanon access_timeone month ago
starAdd to favorites

By Staff, Agencies

The Lebanese Army Saturday said that the search is ongoing for nine people who remain missing in the aftermath of the catastrophic Beirut Port explosion, which damaged half of the capital over one month ago.

The nine missing people include seven Lebanese and two Syrians, the Army said in a statement.

The damage assessment of the most impacted areas by the explosion was completed “within 15 days,” the Army added. “The assessment work was undertaken by 250 committees, consisting of 1,000 officers in addition to 500 civil engineers.”

Residents over the last month were asked to report damaged property including homes and businesses. The Army said 45,744 damaged units were reported.

“The assessment process carried out is sufficient and there is no need for any donor to carry out additional assessment work,” the Army said, adding “all information is available and placed at the disposal of everyone including the donors.”

The Beirut Port explosion killed at least 192 people and injured thousands. At least 300,000 were displaced in the aftermath.

Comments