Pentagon Orders 4,000 American Occupation Troops to Deploy In Middle East amid Iraq Unrest
By Staff, Agencies
Up to 4,000 American occupation soldiers were ordered to deploy to the Middle East region following mass protests outside the US embassy by Iraqi protesters infuriated over Washington’s recent deadly military aggression on the Arab country.
The US occupation army’s 82nd Airborne Division’s alert brigade of roughly 4,000 paratroopers, known as the Deployment Ready Brigade [DRB], has issued orders to prepare for a possible deployment in the days ahead in Kuwait, three US military officials told Fox News on Tuesday.
At least 500 paratroopers are already making their way to Kuwait, the officials added.
Earlier in the day, US War Secretary Mark Esper said in a statement that at least 750 paratroopers were set to swiftly deploy to the region.
Esper added that additional forces from the Immediate Response Force [IRF] were prepared to deploy over the next several days.
“This deployment is an appropriate and precautionary action taken in response to increased threat levels against US personnel and facilities, such as we witnessed in Baghdad today,” Esper claimed.
The US embassy in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad was evacuated on Tuesday after thousands of angry demonstrators gathered outside the gates of the compound to condemn Washington’s fatal military aggression that targeted Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Units [PMU] on Sunday.
Protesters held up signs calling for the US mission to be shut down and for the parliament to order US forces to leave Iraq.
American occupation forces deployed inside the compound fired tear gas, flash bangs and stun grenades to disperse the crowd, however, the Iraqi protesters breached the outer wall of the high-security compound, throwing bricks and stones at the surveillance cameras around the building.