- Middle East
- Full Speeches
- The Biggest Crime
- Resistance and Liberation
- «Deal of the Century»
- Martyr Leaders
- Al-Quds Day -2015
Sudan PM Announces Plan to Withdraw All Forces from Yemen
By Staff, Agencies
Following the successive defeats suffered by the Saudi-led coalition and its allies in their war on Yemen, Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok said Friday he will withdraw all forces fighting alongside the coalition.
Speaking at US-based think tank Atlantic Council in Washington, Hamdok stressed that the conflict in Yemen has no military solution and peace could be achieved only through political means.
He said of the 5,000 Sudanese soldiers who have remained in Yemen, “We will withdraw them as well.”
Hamdok said his government inherited the military involvement from ouster Prime Minister Omar al-Bashir, who was toppled in April after an uprising against his rule.
Sudan has been involved in the Yemeni war as part of the Saudi-led coalition which began in March 2015.
Since then, tens of thousands of Yemenis, including numerous civilians, are believed to have been killed in the conflict, while another 14 million are at risk of starvation, according to the UN.
- Related News