No Script

Please Wait...

Ashura 2019

 

Enemies Begging to Get Freed from Yemeni Quagmire – IRGC Second-in-Command

Enemies Begging to Get Freed from Yemeni Quagmire – IRGC Second-in-Command
folder_openIran access_time 7 days ago
starAdd to favorites

By Staff, Agencies

Deputy Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps [IRGC] for Coordination Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi highlighted the failure of Iran’s enemies in the Middle East and said they cannot get out of the crisis they have created in Yemen.

In a speech in Tehran on Tuesday, Fadavi said recent incidents are indicative of the weakness of Iran’s enemies and the superiority of the Islamic Republic.

He further stressed that the disadvantages of any military action against Iran [for enemies] are much more than its benefit.

“Enemies acknowledge our power and the situation is such that they seek to find a deterrent against Iran,” he stated.

“Enemies are now begging to be rescued from [their] predicaments in Yemen and other countries,” Rear Admiral Fadavi went on to say.

The remarks came against the backdrop of increased tensions between Iran and the US after the Islamic Republic shot down an advanced US spy drone over its territorial waters and also recent attacks by Yemeni forces on Saudi oil facilities, with Washington and Riyadh claiming Iran was behind them.

The IRGC said on June 20 that a US spy drone that violated the Iranian territorial airspace in the early hours of the day was shot down by its Aerospace Force’s air defense unit near the Kooh-e-Mobarak region in the southern province of Hormozgan.

The intruding drone was reportedly shot by Iran’s homegrown air defense missile system “Khordad-3rd”.

Tensions between the US and Iran escalated further after Yemeni armed forces conducted a large-scale operation against Saudi Arabia’s Aramco oil installations last month, in response to the Saudi-led war on their country.

The Yemeni Ansarullah revolutionary movement immediately took credit for the attacks, but US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo swiftly accused Iran of being behind the assault, without providing any evidence. Tehran categorically rejected the allegations.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia claimed that the strikes on its oil infrastructure came from the “north” and were “unquestionably” sponsored by Iran, adding that the Ansarullah were not responsible for the assault despite claiming it.

Comments