President of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council to Saudi Regime: Still Committed to Peace with Very Limited Patience
By Staff, Agencies
President of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council and Commander of the Yemeni Armed Forces Mahdi al-Mashat said that the position of the Saudi regime has not yet been responsible or encouraging in regards to the peace initiative announced last week by Sana'a, stressing adherence to the peace initiative prove beyond doubt seriousness and show respect for renewed calls for peace.
The Saudi-led aggression have launched during the past four days about 150 raids; since the peace initiative by Sana'a was declared, killing 22 civilians, including women and children, and wounded 15 others, according to UN statistics.
Al-Mashat’s remarks came during the speech he delivered on the 57th anniversary of the glorious September 26th Revolution, Wednesday evening, "Our adherence to the initiative depends on the commitment of the other side and we remind you that the conflict has reached a level of complexity that cannot be resolved unilaterally."
He further pointed out that the perpetration of the massacres by the enemy "portends a clear intransigence in front of the initiative we have presented. We advise our adversaries to move towards peace and to pick up these positive signs," he said.
“We are ready for peace as much as we are ready to go through the stages of great pain and we have very limited patience," he added.
Al-Mashat also explained that what we are facing in Yemen is a clear violation of the Charter of the United Nations and all laws and charters.
His speech started by greeting the revolution and the republic, the Yemeni people, the Army and the Popular Committees on the occasion of the 57th Revolution anniversary.