No Script

Please Wait...

Al-Ahed Telegram

Reports: Deal Reached to Evacuate Besieged Kefraya, Fuaa in Syria’s Idlib

Reports: Deal Reached to Evacuate Besieged Kefraya, Fuaa in Syria’s Idlib
folder_openSyria access_timeone year ago
starAdd to favorites

Local Editor

A deal was reached on Tuesday for the evacuation of two seized towns in Syria, allowing thousands to leave after three years of encirclement by terrorists.

According to SANA, news was circulated about reaching an agreement to liberate all kidnapped persons of Ishtabraq village and thousands of locals of Kefraya and Fuaa towns in Idlib countryside.

"The deal provides for the total evacuation of residents in the two towns, which are besieged by rebels and Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, to regime territory in nearby Aleppo province," said the so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

This agreement came after more than two months of the liberation of 42 kidnapped from the village of Ishtabraq and five human cases of towns of Kefraya and Fuaa as part of an agreement to free the abducted persons of Ishtabraq and those besieged in Kefraya and Fuaa.

On April 2015, al-Nusra and its affiliated terrorist groups committed horrific massacre in the village of Ishtabraq village, murdering about 200 civilians and kidnapping dozens others.

Last April, the first stage of an agreement stipulating the exit of terrorists from Yarmouk Camp in Damascus and freeing the people besieged in the two towns, and freeing the abductees from Eshtabraq town was implemented.

According to the agreement, 1500 persons from the two besieged towns were evacuated in addition to liberating 85 abductees from Ishtabraq village, mostly children and women.

In April 2017, thousands were bussed out Fuaa and Kefraya.

But a blast targeting a convoy of evacuees from Fuaa and Kefraya left 150 people martyred, most of them civilians and including 72 children.

Traumatized residents left behind are now afraid that scenario might happen again.

"What are we going to do with our land and property? Oh my hometown," said a 42-year-old resident of Kefraya who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"I pray this will go well- we still haven't forgotten those that died in the blast," he told AFP on Tuesday.

Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team