- Middle East
- Full Speeches
- Islamic Revolution-2020
- The Biggest Crime
- Resistance and Liberation
- «Deal of the Century»
Skripal Case: Russia’s OPCW Envoy Exposes ’Eight UK Lies’
The UK's narrative in the Skripal case is a "story woven with lies," with London continuously trying to "deceive" the international community, according to Russia's OPCW envoy who highlighted eight examples of such misinformation.
"We've tried to show that everything our British colleagues produce is a story woven with lies," Russia's permanent representative to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons [OPCW] Aleksandr Shulgin told reporters on Wednesday, following the organization's meeting on the Skripal case.
"And, unlike the British, who aren't used to taking responsibility for their words and unfounded accusations, we showed specific facts why we believe our British partners, to put it mildly, are 'deceiving' everyone."
The official provided eight examples of UK-pushed misinformation, surrounding the March 4 events, when the former double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were poisoned in the town of Salisbury:
1. Russia refuses to answer UK 'questions'
2. UK abides by Chemical Weapons Convention rulebook
3. Russia refuses to cooperate
4. Russia invents versions to distract attention
5. Exterminating traitors is Russia's official state policy
6. Experts pin the blame on Russia
7. 'Novichok' is a Soviet invention, so it has to be Russia
8. Yulia Skripal avoids contact with relatives & refuses Russian consular support
Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team
- Related News