“Israeli” Soldier Wounded in New Stabbing, Age Restrictions for al-Aqsa Worshippers Lifted
In another heroic stabbing operation, "Israeli" forces shot and wounded a Palestinian who stabbed and wounded a soldier in the occupied West Bank on Friday, the "Israeli" army said.
The "Israeli" army statement indicated that the Palestinian stabbed an "Israeli" soldier near the security fence in "Gush Etzion" an "Israeli" settlement bloc south of annexed al-Quds [Jerusalem].
The statement added that "the force responded" and fired towards the Palestinian teenager.
Medics said the soldier was lightly wounded. There was no immediate word on the condition of the teenager.
Palestinian security forces identified the stabber as Mussab Ghanimat, 17, from the nearby village of Sureif.
On Thursday, two men from Sureif stabbed a man in the "Israeli" settlement of Beit Shemesh before being shot. One of them was martyred and the other wounded.
There had been a spate of stabbing operations this month -- mostly by young Palestinians -- against "Israeli" soldiers, police and settlers.
Since October 1, at least 49 Palestinians had been killed.
Moreover, "Israeli" police said they had lifted age restrictions for the main weekly prayers at al-Quds' al-Aqsa mosque compound on Friday, for the first time in weeks.
The restrictions on male worshippers had been imposed on Fridays since mid-September when repeated clashes between Palestinian protesters and "Israeli" police erupted at the flashpoint site.
"For the moment, no age limitations on worshippers' entry," an "Israeli" police spokeswoman said in a statement.
The restrictions had meant only men over the age of 40, 45, or 50, depending on the decision taken, were allowed to enter the mosque compound in east al-Quds that is Islam's third-holiest site.
The compound was seized by "Israeli" occupation forces during the 1967 Six Day War, and later annexed in a move never internationally recognized.
Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team