No Script

Please Wait...

Ashura 2019



folder_openResistance Ops. access_time7 years ago
starAdd to favorites

The following are the Islamic-Resistance operations that took place during the month of November in 1998...

Islamic Resistance Performs 124 Operations in November 1998

The Lebanese resistance squadrons escalated their operations against the occupation forces and Lahd militiamen, performing 21 more operations than in October; that is, they performed 160 operations in November. The "Israeli" Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had, therefore, "to tour" along the Lebanese borders with Palestine, "to visit" the wounded soldiers, and to try to bring them back to their spirits.

"The Islamic Resistance" performed 124 operations, "the Amal Movement" 26, "the Lebanese Brigades for Resisting the "Israeli" Occupation" 8, "the National Resistance Front" 1, and "the Cyclone Organization" 1.
The Islamic-Resistance operations killed 7 and wounded 9 of "Israeli" soldiers and officers. The operations as well killed 3 and wounded 4 of the Lahd militiamen, the enemy acknowledged.

7 "Israelis" were killed and 11 others wounded. 3 Merkava tanks were demolished, too, press sources said for their part. News agencies as well said one more "Israeli" soldier was killed at ad-Dabsheh Site.
The fighters demolished a Merkava tank in ar-Rihan, declared the Islamic Resistance.

Significantly, the Islamic Resistance demolished several Merkava tanks at the same time of year 1997.
On the other hand, 2 Islamic-Resistance fighters, as well as fighter Taleb Abu Daya of "the Cyclone Organization", were martyred this month.

Islamic Resistance Blasts Lahd Patrol on Dahr ar-Ramle-Jezzine Route, November 4, 1998

On November 4, 1998, the Islamic Resistance blasted a Lahd patrol on Dahr-ar-Ramleh-Jezzine Route. Three patrollers were killed: Joseph Makhoul, Bassam Gabriel, and Joseph Bejani. Another militiaman, Merhej Aakouri, was seriously injured.

Three Lahd militiamen were killed when a 60-kilogram explosive bomb hit their troop carrier, reported the Lahd Militia's "Middle East Television".
Another Lahd militiaman was injured when another blast hit a vehicle of "the Civil-Defense Team", claimed "the Middle East Television".

Operation Markaba, November 16, 1998

Marking "Martyr's Day" and the birthday of the Grandest Messenger Muhammad (Peace be upon him and his Household), the Islamic Resistance performed a significant operation on November 16, 1998.

Penetrating the intensive security measures, the Islamic Resistance blasted a Zionist squad of "Phalange 51" of "the Golani Brigade" deep in the occupied region. The squad targeted was near a shooting field by the entrance of the Zionist "Battalion 70" Headquarters in al-Qabaa-Markaba. Each of the 7 infantrymen was wounded or killed. It actually took the enemy more than 40 minutes to begin the evacuation of casualties.
Three infantrymen were killed and four others wounded, acknowledged the occupation forces.

The Islamic Resistance displayed a video tape on the operation.
"It was a hard-hitting operation, resulting in a good number of casualties. Besides, it was performed so closely from the Lebanese borders with (occupied Palestine), only 30 meters away from al-Qabaa' Hill," the "Israeli" Chief of "the Liaison Unit" Erez Gerstein said, "I know this isn't impossible, but it is complicated. This kind of operations usually requires high performance... We have formed an investigation committee to look into the operation performance, and we believe there were civilians helping Hizbullah fighters. Fog must have covered the fighters approaching the site."

For its part, the "Israeli" Television presented a detailed report on the operation, pointing out that the killed infantrymen were: nineteen-year-old Sergeant Nahom Aila (from al-Quds (Jerusalem)), nineteen-year-old Sergeant Raz Benovitch (from Gan Yivni), and nineteen-year-old Sergeant Yusuf Ben Mouha (from Haifa).
The military correspondent of "Channel 1" Aalen Ben David reported, "Hizbullah's cameraman got positioned on "Kabha Hill", which overlooked the blast zone. Probably he was right beside the fighter controlling the bombing... Simply, the outcome was too harsh... 3 infantrymen were killed and 4 others wounded."
Consequently, turmoil existed in the Zionist entity. The high military investigation committee interrogated senior "Israeli" officers and a number of the Lahd militiamen serving in that sector.

Operation ad-Dabsheh, November 22, 1998

On November 22, 1998, a unit of "the Islamic-Resistance Tank Snipers" penetrated the strict Zionist measures and the developed watch systems, getting so close to ad-Dabsheh Site. The unit launched artillery against a "third-generation" Merkava tank at the site entrance. The tank was demolished, and each of its crewmen was injured or killed.
The enemy acknowledged the tank was demolished and "three" soldiers were injured. Yet, a Zionist military spokesman denied the news on the death of another soldier, which news agencies had reported upon the statement of the Lahd Militia.

The Zionist channel talked about the operation, describing it as "a failing infiltration attempt".

On the other hand, Hizbullah declared, "The Zionist media's talk as to the operation is absolutely invalid. The Zionist media is trying to bring the frustrated soldiers back to their spirits, especially after the success of the fighters' operations. In fact, "Israel's" acknowledgement that the tank was hit proves that the aim beyond the operation was achieved."

Barely had three more hours passed when a group of "the Islamic-Resistance Tank Snipers" attacked a Zionist force positioned on ar-Rihan Hills. A Merkava tank was demolished, and each of its crewmen was killed or wounded.

Operation Markaba 2, November 25, 1998

On November 25, 1998, the Islamic Resistance again penetrated the enemy's technical and security measures and defeated the investigation committees. That is, a special-forces group of the Islamic Resistance ambushed a Zionist patrol near al-Qabaa Site, approximately 100 meters away from "Battalion 70" Headquarters, 400 meters away from the Lebanese borders with occupied Palestine.
As the patrol reached the ambush spot, the special-forces fighters bombed a heavy explosive.

Then they struck the patrol with a barrage of their machineguns and rocket shells. Each of the patrollers, therefore, was killed or wounded.
Also striking the operation zone with concentrated shells, the Islamic Resistance brought about more casualties to the enemy.

As a result, the enemy had to drop incineration grenades in the operation zone, and a Zionist squad had to carry the casualties until the wired fence, where Zionist helicopters were waiting.
Two infantrymen were killed, acknowledged the enemy. For its part, the Lahd Militia said the Zionist squad has set off from occupied Palestine to perform an operation in Markaba. The blast killed the officer and a soldier heading the squad.
Consequently, "the Northern Command" formed an investigation team to determine how the Resistance fighters had reached the site entrance, implanted a bomb, and withdrawn safely for the second time in a week.

The "Israeli" security systems began interrogating the residents of the occupied region. "Israel" suspected the residents had cooperated with the Resistance and enabled the fighters to reach the occupied region. The enemy's channel reported.

Operation Blat, November 26, 1998

On November 26, 1998, the Islamic Resistance again infiltrated the occupied region, reaching a deep location. Only 100 meters away from Blat Site and 400 meters from the Lebanese borders with occupied Palestine, the fighters lay in ambush. As a Merkava tank and an armored vehicle reached the ambush spot, the fighters bombed a heavy explosive, demolishing the tank and killing or wounding each of its crewmen.

As a Zionist force tried to evacuate the tank, another Islamic-Resistance group attacked it, causing it serious losses.
A third group opened its barrage on Blat Site, preventing it from backing up the force targeted.

Approximately an hour and a half later, enemy reinforcements reached the operation zone and tried to haul the demolished vehicles and evacuate the casualties. Right then, the Resistance fighters bombed another explosive and opened their barrage, bringing about more losses to the enemy.

In the meantime, other Islamic-Resistance groups bombarded the operation zone and the surrounding sites to prevent them from backing the forces targeted. Unable to reach the operation zone and evacuate the casualties, the enemy made its war planes strike the routes which the enemy presumed the fighters would use to withdraw. Nevertheless, the fighters withdrew safely.

Two soldiers were killed and two others wounded, and two vehicles were demolished, acknowledged the enemy. Chief of "the Northern Command" Gabi Ashkenazi claimed the first bombing had only damaged an armored vehicle, but that the bombing of the second explosive killed two soldiers and wounded two others.

Lebanese Brigades Attack Rchaf Site, November 29, 1998

On November 29, 1998, a group of "the Lebanese Brigades for Resisting the "Israeli" Occupation" attacked Rchaf Site with machineguns and rocket shells, declared the Brigades. The group brought about serious damage to the site mounds and fortifications.
In the meantime, other groups of the Brigades attacked each of ad-Dabsheh Site and Hamayed Site, bringing about more losses to the enemy soldiers and the Lahd militiamen.