No Script

Please Wait...


folder_openOps.1993 access_time9 years ago
starAdd to favorites

The following are the Islamic-Resistance operations that took place during the month of May in 1993...

Beit Yahoun Crossing Point Bombarded, May 3, 1993

After recent Zionist assaults, the Islamic Resistance counteracted by bombarding Beit Yahoun Crossing on May 3, 1993. As well, the Resistance bombarded and burned a car belonging to the Zionist intelligence. Meanwhile, another Islamic-Resistance group was combating with Haddatha Site and Beit Yahoun Site, causing them damage. On the same day, the Resistance bombed with an explosive a Zionist patrol in Arnoun, the Resistance has announced. An "Israeli" spokesman has acknowledged that the explosive killed an enemy soldier, Yufal Ratege, who was a settler of central occupied Palestine.

Islamic Resistance Executes Agent Mahdi Shaaban, May 12, 1993

In an intensive assault, the enemy shelled several towns in Iqlim at-Toffah and other regions in West Beqaa and the South, and a Zionist force tried to progress towards Braachit on May 12, 1993. Thus, the Islamic Resistance was ready to strike, attacking ten enemy sites and executing a Lahd-Militia agent. In a statement, the Resistance has declared that on Wednesday, May 12, 1993, at 5:00 a.m., groups of fighters attacked the sites of Bir Kallab, ad-Dabsheh, at-Tohra, Radar, Sojod, and Suweidaa. The fighters and the site soldiers clashed violently, and the targeted sites became on fire. Reacting to this, the enemy sites shelled the neighboring villages of Nabatieh and Iqlim at-Toffah.

On the same day, the Islamic Resistance executed agent Mahdi Shaaban, the
Lahd-Militia-security chief of Beit Yahoun Town, the Resistance has declared in another statement. The statement has mentioned, "On Wednesday, May 12, 1993, at 7:00 a.m., the Islamic-Resistance groups of martyr Hussein al-Hakeem (Military name: Sajjed) and martyr Ali Shaaban (Military name: Jaafar) executed the Lahd agent Mahdi Shaaban, a senior security chief of the Lahd Militia. Shaaban had been in close terms with agent Hussein Abdunnabi, whom the Resistance had executed earlier. Agent Shaaban had a long history of crime, terror, and assaults against the residents of the Lebanese occupied lands. Actually, the Resistance executed him by ambushing on Beit Yahoun-Kownine Route and shooting him with a barrage. Shaaban was killed at once; whereas the members of the Islamic-Resistance group returned safely."

The enemy's channel has acknowledged the occurrence of the operation and the wounding of a Zionist officer in another operation, performed by the Resistance two days earlier. A third statement the Resistance has issued has mentioned that big groups of fighters delivered a series of harsh, perfect coups to the sites of the Zionist enemy and the Lahd agents. Using machineguns and artillery, the groups attacked the sites in ash-Shumarieh, Alman, al-Borj, Ali at-Taher, at-Tohra, as-Suweidaa, Sojod, Bir Kallab and the barracks of ar-Rihan and al-Aychieh. Since the very beginning of the attack, the fighters had incited a state of panic and confusion among the enemy militants. Accordingly, the enemy asked for reinforcements, and its helicopters resorted to heavy bombardment so as to remedy the situation and to bring the devastated soldiers and disassociated forces back to their spirits.

In spite of all of these incidents, the fighters struck the sites and led violent clashes, some of which lasted for several hours, whereupon the enemy's constructions and vehicles were demolished. The enemy suffered grave casualties, which ambulances evacuated afterwards.

Zionist Progress towards Iqlim at-Toffah Villages Devastated, May 18, 1993

The Islamic Resistance has sustained its victorious course of action, performing jihad operations against the sites of the "Israeli" enemy and the Lahd Militia centered in the occupied southern regions. The Islamic Resistance has announced that in the morning of Tuesday, May 18, 1993, its fighters devastated a Zionist progress towards the villages of Iqlim at-Toffah. Combating the counter force for hours, the fighters showed heroic performance. Hence, the counter force had no choice but to retreat from the operation zone, leaving behind three dead soldiers and a big number of wounded ones. Helicopters flew in the operation zone, combed the surroundings, and evacuated the dead and the wounded.

Two Zionist Military Units Clash, Four Killed, Three Injured, May 24, 1993

The Islamic Resistance's victories have overwhelmed the enemy, devastating it on the military and psychological levels. In fact, this has influenced the discipline and coordination between the Zionist military units as well as the Zionist interior; whereby on May 24, 1993, two Zionist military units were involved in an incident; four militants were killed, and three others were wounded.

Two stories were reported; the clash between the military groups in the occupied borderline had occurred by chance, a Zionist militant spokesman mentioned; whereas the international news agencies mentioned that "Israeli" helicopters had bombarded houses in Kabrikha Town and Wadi Slouki (Literally: "Slouki Valley"), killing the mentioned "Israeli" soldiers.

Still, the most conspicuous story was reported by comers from the occupied borderline. It stated that after the members of both Zionist groups had bickered, they opened their crossfire; thus, three militants and a first lieutenant were killed, and two others and a lieutenant were wounded; the last was in a critical condition. According to the sources of the Zionist investigation committee, the soldiers were killed because of a psychological factor; whereby a military unit split into two groups, one of which ambushed on top of the hill near al-Kantara, while the other patrolled.

When a soldier reported that he had seen a fighter, his mates, who saw nothing, panicked. Therefore, the group decided to return without completing its mission. The panicking soldiers lost the way they were supposed to go and took another, where other soldiers had been ambushing. Once the lurking soldiers detected a close motion, they fired their arms, injuring three soldiers and killing three other soldiers.

Southern security sources mentioned that the clash had been violent and that the commotion produced by the gunshots and explosives could be heard in the neighboring regions. The sources also said that the clash had lasted for a good duration - unlike the approximately ten-second clash which the Zionist story had mentioned; that is, such duration could not have possibly resulted in this number of casualties.