Alahednews
english.alahednews.com.lb
Ashoura 2017
EU Chief Says It’s ‘Up to London’ How Brexit Ends NATO Arms from US Found in Daesh Depot in Al-Mayadin Kenya Election Re-Run Marred by Insecurity IOF Casts Doubts on Lieberman’s Claim Hezbollah behind Shelling UN Warns: Yemen Children Caught in War in Dire Need of Aid US Ex-War Secretary: Countries Won’t Trust US If Iran Deal Is Broken Bahrain Crackdown: Female Activist, 2 Others Freed from Detention Russian MoD: Daesh Controls Only 5% of Syria China’s Current Leader Named Most Powerful since Mao after Changing Constitution Rouhani Says Trump’s Attempts to Undermine JCPOA Have Failed #Syria: 25 Martyrs, 50 Injured in Coalition Airstrike on #Deir_EzZor #Daesh Controls Only 5% of Syria after Start of Russian Ops There #Lavrov: #Iraqi #Kurds Must Act In Concert with #Baghdad Lavrov: #Russia Committed To #Iraq Territorial Integrity #BorisJohnson: Absolutely No Doubt #IranDeal Will Be Preserved #Syria Considers #US Military Presence in #AlTanf Aggression - Info Minister Typhoon #Lan Leaves Four Dead in #Japan before Moving Out To Sea #Syrian Army Command: Terrorists Launched Mortar Shells upon ‘#Israeli' Instructions #Syrian Army Command: ‘#Israel' Attacks Military Position in #Quneitra Countryside #Yemen's Health Ministry: 55% of #Hospitals are out of Service due to Direct #Aggression
Guestbook mailinglist.php arabic site french site spanish site facebook twitter rss page
News Categories » NEWS » Middle East » Middle East...

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size  Print Page
Syria Evacuation Agreement Proceeds after 48-Hour Delay
Local Editor

Hundreds of frightened Syrian evacuees were on the move again Friday after being blocked for 48 hours at a transit point where a bomber martyred dozens of their fellow townspeople.

Syrian evacuation buses

An agreement to evacuate four Syrian villages was on the move on Friday after being blocked for two days.

Five buses carrying militants from Zabadani and Serghaya had left Aleppo through Ramousseh transit point.

Meanwhile, 10 busses carrying civilians from the besieged towns of Kefraya and Foua got into Aleppo city passing by the Rashidin transit point.

Frightened evacuees from Kefraya and Foua have spent two days in Rashidin, the place of a deadly bombing which killed dozens of their fellow townspeople earlier last week

The first stage of the agreement will be finalized in the coming hours.

The second stage of the deal will be implemented in June, when another batch of militants will be evacuated in return of the evacuation of more civilians from Kefraya and Foua.

The evacuations began last week but were delayed after Saturday's suicide car bombing martyred 126 people, 68 of them children, at the transit point in Rashidin.

Saturday's attack was one of the deadliest since the start of Syria's six-year war.

"Someone pretending even to distribute aid and attracting the children produced that horrific explosion," UN Syria envoy Staffan de Mistura told reporters in Geneva.

According to witnesses, a vehicle distributing bags of crisps to children exploded near the buses transporting the evacuees.

The evacuations mark the end of the first stage of a deal brokered by Iran and Qatar, a longtime supporter of Syrian militant groups.

When the current phase of evacuations is complete, a total of 8,000 people should have left Fuaa and Kafraya in exchange for 2,500 civilians and militants from opposition areas.

A second phase of the evacuations is to begin in June.

syrian crisis | evacuation process | kefraya | fouaa

Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team

21-04-2017 | 12:36


Name
E-Mail
Comment Title
Comment
Human Verification


News Coverage

Related News

Search
To Top